Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life is about to get really interesting!!

I said last week that we were possibly taking an unexpected detour on our adoption journey. This detour is actually the very situation that got us thinking about now being the time to adopt. I mentioned in one of my first posts that my sister, Crystal, and her husband, Chris, had contacted us about a child but it didn't work out and we were moving on. Well, about a month ago God re-opened that door. There is a child that is in foster care right now-he is 5 months old. We were contacted by my brother-in-law, Chris, about social services needing to have a Plan B (adoption plan) in place for this baby boy in the event that he would not be reunited with his parents. This Saturday we are going to Eyota, MN, to have the Plan B meeting. This meeting will determine who will adopt this little boy if his parents don't do what they need to do in order to get him back. If we leave that meeting with Travis and I being chosen to adopt him then we will work with social services here in SD to complete background checks and a home study and I'm sure lots more! That won't guarantee that we will get him even if we are chosen because it all rests on his parents and what they do/don't do. Oh, and his mom is pregnant again and so we would need to agree to take that baby as well (which we SOOO do)! So, that in a nutshell is the other situation without giving away too many details since we don't want to be too forward with all of this since it is a sensitive matter.

Another thing that will make things A TON more interesting is Travis and I will be caring for my niece, Izzabella, starting next week. I fly down from Rochester to AZ on Tuesday and then I will fly back with her and my mom, who is down in AZ for work right now, on Wednesday. I am closing daycare all next week to help her adjust as much as possible before I have to jump back in with caring for other children. Travis is also taking off of work (both jobs) as well to make the transition as smooth as possible. Izzabella is 4 months old and has been through plenty in her few months. We really feel lead to take this step and know that our families are supporting us in this. My family, since it is my sister's daughter, knows this is the step to be taken and Travis and I are in the best place right now to take on a 4 month old since both of my other sisters just had babies within the last year. It will be for an indefinite amount of time-basically until my sister does what she needs to do and can have her back.

I am definitely having some anxiety and stress along with peace that this is God's plan and His will for us right now. I'm stressing about finances because we've never had the cost of formula and we will now for Izzabella and diapers again. Then we are looking to get this other baby and his sibling. We would have to get a minivan. And for those that have them-NO OFFENSE INTENDED but those that know me really well know how much I don't like them!!! They have great features but I want to be a SUV mom, not a minivan mom!! I will have to surrender to it though. Then Travis's F/T job is becoming less and less stable. We are actually heavily looking at any accountant positions here in Sioux Falls, the Twin Cities and Des Moines-we have ties in all of those places. Travis's family definitely doesn't want to see us go and we don't want to leave our friends and family either, but we feel we need to be sensitive to where God may be taking us. We have just so much uncertainty in our lives' right now that we know God is working on something big and they are all kind of associated-all of the uncertain things God is working for one main goal and one big picture...I don't know how much sense that makes being written out but it makes sense in my head! All that being said, we do have a peace because we know it isn't a coincidence that all of this is happening all at the same time...it is clear God is working!! It's an awesome feeling to be in a situation and to feel Him at work...like nothing else!! :)

So, that is 'us' and where we are right now. I'm excited to see where God takes us in the coming months!!! One of my sisters-in-law said yesterday "When it rains, it pours...babies!!" We laughed because this is such a crazy, wonderful situation to be in right now. Having been faced with infertility and the idea that Landon's feet would be the last to do the little 'pitter-patter' on our floors just broke our hearts. Now we are almost being faced with too many children...what a blessing! We know God will work out the finances and give me the patience that I will need to watch so many little ones if that is the route this goes. We are just waiting....anxiously waiting, but waiting nonetheless.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Ell! That's exciting!!! We've been keeping our ears open for job opportunities for Travis! P.S. I love my mini-van ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my prayer for you... "Jesus, bring the rain! Baby rain, that is :)" May your family be blessed beyond measure, your hearts be guarded by His love and your light shine in every circumstance to come in this crazy time of waiting with so many unknowns! You know I'm praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Ellen & Trav! Chris and I are so proud of you two for choosing to allow God to use you at this point in your lives to provide for these babies what their biological parents cannot... a loving, stable, Christ-centered home. If our gracious heavenly Father chooses to lead their little feet to your door then He will also provide a way to put shoes on them. God is good, all the time.

    ReplyDelete