Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was wonderful! My hubbie got up early and made french toast, sausage & eggs for breakfast. Then Landon and Travis gave me my presents-which were a new coffee rug for the kitchen, red canisters for baking ingredients and wall plaques with the coffee theme (I'm changing the theme of my kitchen from roses to coffee). I was so excited!! Then after church we went over to my wonderful sis-in-law's, Karla and her hubbie Kelly, for some ribs & chicken, cheesy hashbrowns, rolls, an awesome salad and I made some cute spring themed cupcakes. We spent all afternoon over there with Karla & Kelly and Trav's brother, Darin and his wife, Jerilyn. Karla, Jerilyn and I spent the afternoon talking labor and babies because Karla and Jerilyn are both expecting their first children this summer. It was lots of fun! It really was a great day!



Even through all of the goings-on of the day, one main thought kept running through my head. That thought was about how blessed I truly am. I started thinking about it that morning when my husband was praying for our breakfast and thanking the Lord for me and all that I do and he had so much praise for me. In that moment, I was truly humbled. I felt humbled because it was through that praise for me that I realized just how inadequate I was and how gracious my husband was for saying I did this and that and was this and that but I really didn't see that. All I could see was my intense need for Christ and how I am utterly dependent on Him to try and fill the shoes that my family needs me to fill. I see my need for a Savior even more because I know I can't live up to the expectations put on me without my Savior. I fail every time when I try to be a wife and mother in my own strength. When I complain, gripe or have a bad attitude about serving or ministering to my family, I pray that God will work in spite of me to show them Christ. I feel unworthy of the praise and feel even more of a need to praise my God, who is worthy and who is everything that we sing about. One song that demonstrates this is the Aaron Shust song, "My Savior, My God". So, now you can see why I am so humbled and so blessed-I have a wonderful family and an Awesome God!!



1 comment:

  1. You made me cry at work!! You are an amazing mother to Landon and wife to Travis. God created you PERFECTLY for these roles. It is truly humbling. Praise Him for His abundant GRACE!!!

    ReplyDelete