Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hooah!


This post is in celebration of my brother-in-law, David, graduating from bootcamp today! We are SO very proud of him and excited to see him in this new role. He started bootcamp on January 25, 2011 and graduates today-so it's been a good amount of time. It's pretty crazy how it all played out because he had to leave his wife and newborn baby girl to start bootcamp in OK. Needless to say, it was not an ideal time for him to leave but they have all done so well (better than I could have I'm sure). God has definitely been at work while they've been apart to grow them and their love for each other.


It has been cool to read letters from him to us and other family members because he sounds like he is doing so well and like a whole new person...he sounds so grown-up! I guess the Army will do that to you though. What is really awesome to hear is that he even suggested that they have a Scripture reference put on the back of their platoon shirts and his suggestion was approved. So incredible to see God working and moving in a place that I thought He couldn't or wouldn't, but He has truly grabbed hold of David's heart and life.


So my sister, Brittany, my dad and my niece, Aniya, are all down there for David's graduation and to spend a few days with him. The rest of us wish we could have been there to see him graduate but we all are thinking about him for sure!! I know Brittany and Aniya are so enjoying themselves right now as they get to spend time with the man in their lives'. Unfortunately, they won't be able to have him with them permanently because he has to stay in OK for another 5 weeks for training and then they will be stationed somewhere and they can all be together. We are praying it's close so that we can see them often!


Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS DAVID!!! We are so proud of you! We love you and will continue to pray for you!!! :)


4 comments:

  1. We are very proud of him! And our thoughts and prayers are with all of them this weekend. Monday will be very difficult for Brittany to get on the plane and leave him. Great post Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, David! We are indeed proud of our Army brother... and congrats on winning Honorary Platoon! You, Britt & Aniya are in our prayers. You are each so dear to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much for all the support!! We love you guys so much. I have one amazing family & I thank God for every single one of you! I am also SO proud of my husband! He is one amazing man thats for sure. God definitely has been working in our lives & even though its hard being away from each other, we have never been happier. I'm so thankful! Please continue to pray for us because we'll definitely need it in the days ahead. P.S. Aniya says she's proud of her daddy & she loves you guys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I LOVED it, Ellen! Made me want to cry.. You're so sweet! I love you

    ReplyDelete