Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Where we are

So, now you have some background into why adoption and why now for us. We are in the very beginning stages of the adoption process. We received our packet of paperwork last Thursday and have been working on our formal application online and I will be submitting that today/tonight-as soon as I can figure out the size of our bedrooms (yes, that is asked because they want a description of your house). So, we sent off our FBI Fingerprinting on Friday before we left town to go to my parent's house in MN. However, we found out in our orientation on Monday morning that 3 spots, which were left blank on the fingerprinting cards, probably needed to be filled out. We won't know if they are going to want that information filled in for 6-8 weeks because that is how long it is taking them to process right now. Thankfully, if they do send them back and want the spots filled in then once they receive them back all filled out then they will process them right away...so we won't have to wait double the time. I still kick myself for messing them up though. I saw the empty spaces but the lady at the fingerprinting place filled out EVERYTHING else and left those blank and so I assumed (and we all know what making assumptions does :) that they were impertinent and I forgot to ask her and Travis is we should fill them in. Shoot! So, after my mild anxiety attack for messing them up, I am being much more careful to cross all t's and dot all i's, even if I ASSUME they shouldn't be crossed and dotted. :) Like I said, we did orientation on Monday and signed our contract and gave them the first check of many ;) Now we need to finish up with the background checks that we have and the other paperwork and all 3 of us have to get physicals done. Then we can start our home study once the fingerprinting comes back. My brother-in-law jokes around with me that they will find out about my drug dealin' days and I won't pass. There is a long standing joke that my husband's mom is the dealer in the family and once I joined the fam then I started the family business or something like that. See, if you know my mother-in-law or me very well then you know how far from the truth that is...so they like to hassle us. We can take it though...or get one of our 'clients' to handle them for us ;)
Anyway!! Hope everyone is having a Blessed Thursday and is soaking up this sunshine....at least in Sioux Falls it's sunny!

1 comment: