Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Stomach bug/ear infection, be gone!

So, we had quite the weekend! It started off really well-we decided to go downtown to the Washington Pavilion and check out Ag Day (Agricultural Day). No, we are not also embarking on farming along with adoption! It just sounded like something fun and different to do and it would get us out of the house. Plus, I met one of my friends, Kathy, and her son, Noah, there-Kathy and her husband are also adopting through Bethany and so we had a fun time chatting while the boys hung out. I would include some pictures but I remembered my camera once we were there and not a second too soon unfortunately! So anyway, it was pretty neat-Landon got to try to pet a baby sheep (I think that's what it was?) and shuck corn and lasso some horns on a hay bale-not sure what to call it since I'm not a country girl!

We got home and Landon 'helped' daddy buy oil and change the oil in the car. Then we just hung out and went to bed. Around 1:00 AM I heard Landon crying (which is so out of character because he is a PHENOMENAL sleeper) and so I go into his room and he is just balling saying that his right ear hurts. So I pick him and take him to the bathroom to give him some motrin because I was certain he had an ear infection. Within minutes of giving him the motrin, he starts throwing up all over me and the sink. It was sooo sad!! So, with the help of daddy, we get all cleaned up and changed and then head back to bed, except Landon doesn't feel like sleeping. He and I moved into the living room for a while and he continues throwing up for about 3 hours. One of the times he was throwing up, in between puking, he told the throw up that it was naughty and told me he hated throwing up and then continued to throw up...it was so cute and sad all at the same time! So, he and I made it back to bed for the rest of the night at 4:30. Needless to say, we skipped church for a few reasons. We took him to urgent care yesterday and he does in fact have a pretty bad ear infection. So we got some meds, and an icee, for our trooper and enjoyed the rest of our weekend playing Mario Party on the Wii and Toy Story Yahtzee for kids. I'm praying the puking does not return and the ear infection leaves quickly!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear he's sick :( That's no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mean germs are very "naughty" for making him feel so sick! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete